Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New English Teacher: Gabriela Mirabal

In December of 2011, Sure Foundation Lutheran Church was chosen among other applicants to receive special funding from WELS Kingdom Workers.  The grant will be used to fund the position of English Administrator/Teacher at Sure Foundation.  

Kristy Goodman and Edili Pichardo temporarily filled this roll. Starting in September, Sure Foundation has asked Gabriela Mirabal to permanently serve as our English teacher. She will be installed on September 9th during worship services.

Gabriela shares her thoughts, "First of all I would like to express my gratitude to Sure Foundation and WELS for giving me the great opportunity to teach English.  One of my biggest desires was to help out the community and give them that confidence that, there's somebody that understands the struggle in learning a new language.


I was born and raised in Mendoza, Argentina and moved to the United States with my parents at the age of 12, I moved to a different world, away from family and friends. Learning English was difficult, but with effort and dedication anything is possible. I'm now in my second year of college and I’m eager to keep learning. 


 I’m very thrilled about starting this new cycle and meeting all of you. I hope we can make the most out of this opportunity and learn together with the help of God."

En diciembre de 2011, La Iglesia Sure Foundation fue elegida entre otras para recibir una donación para seguir y ampliar nuestro programa de inglés.  La donación se utilizará para financiar la posición de administrador/profesor de inglés en Sure Foundation.

Kristy Goodman y Edili Pichardo temporalmente llenaban este rollo. A partir de septiembre, Sure Foundation ha pedido que Gabriela Mirabal permanentemente sirva como nuestra profesora de inglés. Ella se instalará el 9 de septiembre durante los servicios de adoración.



Gabriela nos dice, "En primer lugar me gustaría expresar mi gratitud a Sure Foundation y WELS por darme esta gran oportunidad de enseñar Inglés. Uno de mis mayores deseos era el de ayudar a la comunidad y darles la confianza de que, hay alguien que entiende el esfuerzo que requiere aprender un nuevo idioma.

Naci y me crie en Mendoza, Argentina y me mude a los Estados Unidos con mis padres a la edad de 12 años, me mudé a un mundo diferente lejos de mi familia y amigos.  Aprender Inglés fue difícil, pero con perseverancia y dedicación todo es posible.  Ahora estoy en mi segundo año de universidad y con ganas de seguir aprendiendo.

Estoy muy entusiasmada por empezar este nuevo ciclo y conocerlos a todos. Espero que podamos aprovechar al maximo esta oportunidad y aprendamos juntos con la ayuda de Dios."






No comments:

Post a Comment