Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Because I love you..." A Confirmation Sunday

Sure Foundation Lutheran Church celebrated another Confirmation Sunday with the theme from Isaiah 43:4. Pastor Tim reminded God's people how God uses the words "I love you" with sincerity and commitment. In fact, when God says, "I love you," he promises to substitute for us in Jesus and he promises to call us by name. He called his people by name from the corners of the earth to know him better. After the sermon, 11 adult people confessed their faith in Jesus. They come from countries as diverse as China, Honduras, Columbia, Peru, and of course the Unites States. It just goes to show us that God means it when he says, "Bring back my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth..." (Isaiah 43:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment